Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summer Work and Fun

For the past few weeks I've been working at Catholic Charities in immigration services helping with family-based immigration applications. This area of law is in high demand and is ever changing. Being at Catholic Charities has reminded me of the passion of social service workers. You don't take a job in social service to make a lot of money. You must believe in the mission of the organization and have a real desire to help people and provide hope. I don't know what kind of law I'll end up practicing, but I know that I'll never lose my connection with non-profit organizations.

I've had a great summer. It's hard to believe that I have a little over a month and I'll be back to the grind. I attended my 20th high school reunion and had a blast with all my old friends. I have some really hip friends who are all approaching 40. They reminded me that 40 will be sexy, fun and fabulous. I so look forward to 40 because it will also mean that I'm finished with law school!

No comments: