Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Tagged?

I was tagged by Angela Braden at www.nuvisionforanuday.blogspot.com. Check out her blog. She is a wonderful woman!

I'm supposed to post these rules and then tell these 8 things about myself. I probably won't tag anyone else, but if you want to do the 8 things, feel free and let me know if you post it on your blog:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Most of the rules don't apply to me, but here are my eight things right off the top of my head:
  1. I don't like chocolate. For some reason people are always surprised when I say this. I can tolerate milk chocolate sometimes or even a Snicker's bar, but chocolate is not really appealing to me.
  2. When I was little and playing outside sometimes, colors would seem to disappear. My playmate's varied brown and tan skin would all turn kind of off-white and everything looked totally weird. There may be some medical growing pain explanation for this, but it was very strange to me. It seemed to happen during my elementary years and never again after I got older.
  3. Speaking of elementary school, I got in touch with my first best friend over the Internet through myspace. Her name is Cheryl Humphrey Bennett, and she is still one of the sweetest persons I've ever met. We originally met when we were around 4 or 5, I think.
  4. I was recently published on the Dallas Observer online blog by the editor in her Bible Girl column. It's an interesting article about my quest to find a church home in DFW, well, really FW.
  5. I just read The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It's a cool book. I'm glad I read it. I'll give it a proper review in another post.
  6. I'm writing another novel, but I haven't worked on it yet this summer. I have a feeling that if I start writing on it, the story will take off again. We'll see.
  7. I'm a bit too over-protective as a mother. I think my children could have had a more adventurous summer. I have not allowed them to do anything beyond events where close family members are involved--my sister, parents or neices. I may need to loosen up a bit--on the other hand, maybe I don't need to loosen up.
  8. I used to have a small gourmet cookie business. I started it with a dear friend and we sold at Whole Foods and Fresh Plus in Austin. We had a lot of fun, but we were like Lucy and Ethel because we got such large orders for such a micro business.

I said I wouldn't tag anyone, but I'm going to name 8 people and see if any of them read my blog and respond. Anca, Carey, Kim (any Kim), Lisa (any Lisa), Vanessa, Tracey, Gene, Elvira.

1 comment:

KM said...

Just thought I'd let you know you're now on my reading list. :-) I'm looking forward to hearing more about how your last year goes -- and I really hope you enjoy the ride! (It might be rough going but it's not worth the effort if you don't also have fun. Take those crayons to work if that's what it takes, lol.)
Peace,
KM