Thursday, January 11, 2007

Half Way Through

Well, I'm embarking on the last half of this journey, and I feel like I've come a long way in a short amount of time.

This semester I'm taking Estates and Trusts, Family Law, Labor Law and Bankruptcy. After this first week of classes, I see why everyone says that the first year is the hardest. (Last semester was pretty challenging because we had a third semester writing class and Constitutional Law. Evidence was no joke either.) But in any event, the classes I have now are a real relief after all those foundational courses.

I'm still not sure what kind of law I want to practice. I don't want to commit to any one area right now, but I've been told that I need to pick a specialty. I can make all kinds of plans, but I'll end up doing whatever it is I'm supposed to do. I'm not steering the ship. I'm just holding on and enjoying the adventure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Renea - I missed your blog very much - I read your 1L blog faithfully when I was applying to TXW. Now, I'm an evening part timer (it is just as hard as I expected...) and missed your insight and humor since October. I'm glad you're doing well...keep making posts!