Friday, February 08, 2008

Mock Trial: O V E R

Well, mock trial is over. We just finished one and a half days of competition, but niether of our two teams advanced to semi-finals. I did my best and got positive feedback from the judges. The good thing about this kind of experience is that it will be typical in the real world of practicing law. You'll do your best to represent a client and a jury may go against you for odd reasons. So goes life.

Mock trial is a GREAT experience. If you're interested in litigation or if you just want to improve your public speaking skills, I highly recommend this activity in law school. It's been fun and I've learned things that will help me in real practice.

My coach has been amazing, and I'm glad to know her and my teammates. We will return to Fort Worth proud that we did our best, even though we won't be bringing home any trophies.

No comments: