Thursday, August 11, 2005

A Few Days of Freedom

After dutifully reading One L by Scott Turow, I knew I had to create a blawg to relay my own experience in law school. Trying to see what other law school students were saying, I searched and read many a blog (blawg when the topic is law). I didn't find anything by a student who looks like me. Not only am I in the non-traditional student category at 37-years-old, I am also a newly single black woman with two small children. Needless to say, this law school thing is quite a challange for me at this point in my life, but I'm always up for a challenge.

This brings me to the explanation for the title of this blawg. I was tempted to name it Crazy Black Woman in Law School (CBWLS), or something descriptive like that. I decided to name it Crayons and Case Law because in my heart, my children will always be first for me. Somehow, with the help of my family support system, I will get through the first year and still be the cool mommy they love and adore.

Orientation is August 19, so I have a few days of freedom left. I plan to take my 5-year-old to Six Flags and do all the last minute preparation for her to start first grade on August 15. Being a bit of a procrastinator, I have a long to-do list.

No comments: