Saturday, August 13, 2005

Meant to Be

Right after I set up this blog, I checked my email and received an invitation to do a diary of a first year law student on the official site for Texas Wesleyan University Law School. So I guess one way or another, I'll fulfill my wish of sharing my experience with the general public. I'm really excited about this because when I was looking for blawgs by black students, I didn't find anything. Maybe they're out there and just not getting on the search engines. In any event, I hope I come across them as I venture on.

I received my orientation notebook back in July and bought all of my books. I've done the writing assignment for the Analysis, Writing and Research class. There is a multiple choice grammar test and a writing assignment in which you must state your opinion on a lawyering ethical issue. I also completed the reading assignment in the Legal Analysis book. Being the enthusiast that I am, I've also started reading the introductions in some of my books. The lesson here is, if you're going to invest in law school or any other academic endeavor, it only makes sense to do the work. I don't know if I would have had this attitude coming right out of undergrad. Living, working and suffering consequences goes a long way in making a person see the benefits of doing the right thing.

Six Flags with my daughter was GREAT! The only problem was I forgot to get her a souvenir. She did get her face painted, but by the end of the evening, I was so tired, I passed up all the stores for a mad dash to the trolly.

No comments: