Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Outlines and Study for Finals

Okay, so my Torts outline is probably too long, but I'm working with what I got at this point. My Contracts outline is GREAT! My contracts professor is so cool. "OOOO, I'll become a suit-filer!" You had to be there. Let's just say I've never had a professor who was such a talented guitar player and entertainer!

Civil Procedure is open notes and open book. There is a measure of comfort in that, but the standard is way high for that one.

Property. We'll see how that goes.

I think I understand what the professors will be testing us on. The issue is whether I'll remember all the nuances of the various concepts. For instance, in Torts, the essay question will most likely be about negligence and we'll have to write about duty, breach, cause in fact, proximate cause and damages. But, I'm sure our professor will throw some glitch in that will help the curve work. On the other hand, he'll want us to analyze every issue, so it's not like we'll be able to say there was no duty because that would mean we wouldn't need to analyze the other areas of a negligence claim. (That no duty thing would be a good counterargument.) I'm rambling, but my point is that the professors want us to show our understanding of certain principles, so that's why I'm almost positive the Torts essay will include negligence somehow.

I have an idea what the other classes will test us on in the essays. I started to write it all out, but I guess I'll keep my ideas to myself on that one. In any event, it's pretty obvious in each class what the essays will likely be about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Blog. I am applying to TWU when I finish a Master's in Education