Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Post Memo Euphoria

We turned in our Memo assignments today. I spent a lot of time reading cases, rereading cases, writing and rewriting. I hope my hard work pays off. However, if I don't get the grade I think I deserve at the least, I know I learned a thing or two about ambiguity in statutes and case law.

I'm going to San Antonio on Saturday to be on a student panel. St. Mary's Law School is having an event for students interested in law school and they selected students from across the state to be on the panel. This should be fun.

I need to come up with something to say. I think my message will be about the importance of counting the costs before taking on something like law school. If a person is not sure this is something they really want to do, the work involved would be discouraging and seemingly worthless.

I think it's important for people to be confident in themselves, too. Law school can blow your self confidence and make you feel like crap. But it's actually a good thing to be in a position where you feel like you don't know things so you can be open to learning new things. So you have to find a balance between self confidence and being open to a whole new way of thinking and learning.

I love the emails and questions I get. Keep it coming, and remember, you can always live your dreams.

No comments: