Monday, December 05, 2005

Count Down to Torts Final

Well, I'm in the libarary looking over my outline and listening to some great music through my headphones, of course. I sat with my friends and acquantainces for a while. They were all true to form. They are all pretty smart, and they're all handling the stress of this first test differently, according to their various personalities. After the test, the most laid back of us (which may be me) will say, see I told you we didn't have to worry about multiple sufficient implied secondary assumption of the risk. While the most studious of the bunch will say, see I told you we needed to know ALL those factors.

I feel like this first test is the measure for the rest of our experiences as law school students. On the other hand, it's just one test. But it's the FIRST test.

I had a great talk with my writing professor as soon as I got into the building. That was probably the best thing I could have done at this time. Like all my professors, he's an amazing brainiac, but he was able to relate to me in my mere mortal One L state and offered wonderful advice and encouragement. He did emphasize that this and all law school tests are supposed to be hard. He went on to explain how to handle the difficulties, but I'm not going to share all the helpful stuff he said. But I will say this. Whenever you're about to go through something, it usually helps to talk to someone who has already been there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you did really well. That countdown was the real test. I'm surprised I had the endurance to just sit there and wait without freaking out. Now it's back to the grindstone, right? Pleanty more before next thursday. What's your study goal? I'm shooting for 15 hours, but I feel like right now, I need at least that in R&R. If only I had your resolve.