Thursday, December 15, 2005

First Semester Completed

It's finally over. The contracts final was manageable, but there were still multiple choice questions that absolutely stumped me. Some of the concepts are just hard to grasp to the point that you can answer questions based on various complicated fact patterns. I'll get there with practice. Understanding a concept is just the first step. The most important part is being able to apply the concept to situations.

Now that I understand how to effectively use the words "maybe," "probably," and "likely," I look forward to the challenges of the writing class next semester. I'm sure the professors will post the first class assignments before classes start, but right now, I'm looking forward to enjoying the break.

I plan to go to a Tarrant County Black Bar Association Christmas party next week. I didn't have time for those types of events during the first semester, but I hope to attend a few in the Spring because it's good to network.

For the summer, I'd like to work at a law firm in Arlington. I was successful in getting a job at a law firm before school started, and I'll employ the same method and see what happens this time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blawg address while reading your diary on the TX Wesleyan Univ Law School site.

I could not have encountered your presence at a better time. I am not just an aspiring law student, but an aspiring TX Wesleyan law student!

As I approach the big 3-0, I have become a bit unnerved at the fact that I have been trying to get to law school for 3 years and have yet to make the dream a reality. The goal was to try to save up to aviod taking out a monstrous loan, but that has been almost impossible. I was beginning to get discouraged, thinking "I'll never make it to law school!"

But your entries, along with some positive words from a friend currently in law school, have encouraged me. So I thank you for helping me to keep the dream alive!!! and I wish you all the best.

I'm new to this blogging thing, but am trying my hand at it. Feel free to drop by my site:
livingwithdejarey.blogsource.com