Thursday, December 08, 2005

Open Book Exam

There is some comfort in having an open book exam because you can assure that you'll get the rule right. However, I expect some crazy hard challenges in the analysis part of the Civil Procedure test tomorrow at 1 p.m. The worrisome thing is that class was cancelled today because of a winter storm in the area. I would have felt better if I had gotten my library time in today. I'll go to school as early as possible tomorrow so I can get my fix among the books. I've always loved books, libraries, book stores. Just to walk or sit in the midst of books brings me comfort. I wonder if I could take my test in the library?

My strategy for the Torts exam worked okay. The best part of that test was that I wasn't pressed for time. On the other hand, I may have had so much time left over because I missed something. We'll see how that goes when I get my grades next month.

As for preparing for an open book test or any test for that matter. Friends are usually willing to share their outlines with you, and that's great. However, it can't replace working through your own outline. As they told us at the beginning of the year, if you make your own outline, it helps you understand the information better. Everyone has a different method of learning. You just can't substitute someone else's process for your own, but you can use other people's outline to make sure you didn't miss something or just to see how they understand a difficult idea.

No matter how you prepare for an open book exam, you can expect it to be tremendously challenging.

No comments: