Friday, September 23, 2005

Contracts is Coming Along

I'm finally having those "aha, oh, I get it" moments in Contracts. That's probably a good thing because we're still at the beginning stages of this thing. Now if I can just build on this elementary understanding and make it all continue to fit together, I'll be okay, I think.

I had been using the closed study rooms because of the hard family stuff I'm going through. Right now I can't guarantee that I won't burst into tears at any moment. This morning I set up in the common study area, and sure enough, the tears started flowing. Fortunately, there weren't many students in the library between 8 and 9 a.m. this morning. Generally, I'm okay. This law stuff is really helping me get through this time because I have to spend a lot of time and energy thinking about contracts, torts, property, legal research, writing and analysis. Who would have thought law school could also be good, active therapy?

That's not to say I'm suppressing stuff or ignoring issues. I'm fully dealing with everything to the full extent the law will allow! However, I think it's important for me to continue with this law school endeavor for my family and for myself. I'm sure the crap that happened was supposed to test my stability and resolve. I may look like a mess when I'm crying over a casebook, but I won't stop reading through the tears.

No comments: