Friday, September 09, 2005

Exhaustion

I am so exhausted right now, but there is so much work to do. After spending some time with my children, I was able to complete another citation exercise online. I think I'll be able to accomplish a little more before I call it a night.

Thanks for your feedback. It's encouraging to know that someone is being helped by these entries. When it comes to this blawg, I have a serious mission to encourage any woman who is thinking about law school to pursue it. Of course, as a black woman, I have a particular message of encouragement and recruitment for my "sista's." On the other hand, in the last three weeks, I have experienced a wonderful time of bonding with my sisters of all colors. I've also become friends with some of my classmates who are white men, and their stories are varied and colorful.

I must admit that I am disappointed with the very low number of black and hispanic men (and women for that matter) at the law school. I'm sure the recruitment office is working to increase these numbers, but looking at the photos of previous classes, it seems that the numbers for "minority" students have dwindled over the years. Most people say that this happens when a school raises their standards, but I'm a firm believer that there are always good "minorities" to recruit. Generally, the key is to employ effective recruitment and outreach efforts and to fund scholarships. (I worked in various recruitment offices at UT Austin. I've seen money talk!)

Wow, this has energized me! I think I can get a little more reading and briefing done.

No comments: