Tuesday, September 20, 2005

An Ode to Torts

I am really enjoying Torts. The professor is cool, the book is understandable, and although everything is not simple, the concepts are certainly easier to grasp than the abstract ideas of property law where everything is steeped in some mysterious European history.

We got some feedback on our Memo 1 writing assignment. I was not surprised by the comments on my first submission. The suggestions were very helpful, and thankfully, the professor liked some things about my thesis paragraph and rule statement. I don't assume that because I'm a writer, I will do well on writing assignments. My strategy is to follow the directions as closely as possible and avoid my usual wordiness and entertaining style (heehee).

I feel like I'm in a zone, on a certain rhythm. I love to read, to study, to write, to change diapers (yeah, right! Thank God for grannys and aunts and cousins), to oversee first grade homework, to go to the school book fair late but not too late to buy the books on my daughters wishlist. Children are a joy. Law school is a challenge. And, it's all very wonderful.

No comments: