Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Stormy Distractions

What happened to my flow? I'm quite distracted by this current storm. I have more than a few friends and family in Houston. Some are already evacuating, and those who are staying don't live in flood zones.

Fortunately, my study scheme has me a little ahead in my reading. I've found it helpful to have time to ruminate over cases and other material. I don't pick up on all the nuances the first time I read some cases. In Torts and Contracts, the cases seem to be generally understandable. However, the problems and discussions after the cases cause me to go back and question my understanding.

In class, when the professor calls on a student and the student knows the answers, not only is this not exciting, I don't learn as much. When the professor has to ask a spiral of questions to get the student to the point, I'm able to gain a better understanding even if I know the answer outright. This spiral of questions causes me to look at the concept from different perspectives.

On another note, anyone interested in seeing or using the PrepPlan can acces it by clicking here. It's just a Word document you can modify for your own purposes. If you have trouble with the link and you want the document, just let me know and I'll email it to you.

No comments: